AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My 6130 r seems to not like winter. Got to feed!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dabeegmon
Posted 1/16/2024 05:21 (#10576909 - in reply to #10576293)
Subject: RE: Everybody is right

SE Manitoba
School Of Hard Knock - 1/15/2024 18:55

T-rowe - 1/15/2024 16:48

I’m not trying to be a dick but you bought $120,000 tractor And waited till the coldest day of the year to install a $10 block heater.

Oh yeah I just remembered about John Deere stupidity. They don’t have a normal block heater. You gotta buy some hundred dollar adapter cord. seems like the one my brother had the cord was underneath the door between the steps. But that POS left the farm after one winter

>>>I remember cutting the cord to the original heater and putting a plug end on the block heater portion.......
Now, I have a regular block heater in my 6400.Id about bet your heater system was designed like mine was. I abandoned the hydraulic heater all together and also that expensive gfci breaker panel they have "t"ed together with the factory block heater. They (gfci)don't keep the tractors from burning up anyway in my opinion.
Now the way I have it set up, the aftermarket block heater wire stays out in the open where you can observe its condition once in a while. The Hydraulic heater they have in there runs the wire under the cab so that's why I don't use it, it becomes fuel soaked and cracked up and eventually burns the tractor and the shed to the ground. I have Low viscosity hyd oils in the hydraulics and transmission. I also have an Artic Fox oil pan heater but have never had to use it yet. I'm not so sure I trust the pan heaters very much though. (for fire saftey)

I didn't want a on pan heater either so on a Cummins 4 cylinder there was another plug on the side.
Pulled that and put in a (IIRC) 375 W heater directly in the oil.
Only way that one is going to start a fire is if it totally shorts on the pan (which it shouldn't plug is designed to pass the heater tube through).
Mine has worked well for many years.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)