AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to contact Trimble World Headquarters
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

pfabian
Posted 1/12/2024 20:21 (#10570650 - in reply to #10570487)
Subject: RE: How to contact Trimble World Headquarters

Tilley, Alberta
cyclones30 - 1/12/2024 16:56

I know nothing about Trimble or their RTK. 

But I looked up Tilley, there is a nice cluster of pivots right there but then across the road it's not farmed at all. What's different about the land that's farmed and the stuff that looks like it's just......stuff. Where the lakes are and stuff 

Yes we are on the very east edge of what's known as the Eastern Irrigation District. It's actually quite a historic district that was started by the Canadian Pacific railway back in the 1900s. There is a world heritage site right by my one farm which is the aqueduct. An absolute feat of engineering and sheer willpower on the part of the men and the horses that built it. That aqueduct supplied water to my area up until it was decommissioned in 1979. What you are seeing with the satellite photos is that to the north of us and especially to the east of us there is nothing because it is basically to dry to farm anything there consistently. We have plenty of heat in the summertime, too much in fact and not enough rainfall. If it wasn't for the irrigation system I really don't think anybody would be here wasting their time trying to farm. And that's what you're seeing. Where we stopped the water we stop agriculture.production.
If you zoom out and look directly west you'll see there's a fairly large body of water called Lake Newell. That feeds a good portion of the Eastern Irrigation district South and east farmland. If you go a little bit farther to the northwest, you will see a river which is the Bow River, and there is a little town called Bassano where there is a diversion dam that was also built in the early 1900s. That damn diverts the water to fill Lake Newell. That's where our water source comes from. I hope this answered some of your questions. Feel free to ask more if you are interested.

Edited by pfabian 1/12/2024 20:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)