AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Freeze miser question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

turbo diesal
Posted 1/10/2024 19:12 (#10567079 - in reply to #10566909)
Subject: RE: Freeze miser question

My biggest concern is protecting the hydrants at the moment. Thank you for the foam idea. Learning more about the way frost free hydrants work if I am understanding things right if you put a y splitter on the end of 1 you can have a line going to a tank with a float valve and a freeze miser, on the other opening of the y you can have another freeze miser. If the pump stops working once it loses enough pressure the water should still go down back the hydrant preventing damage.

Can anyone confirm this?

---------------------
I will try to keep this short and concise as possible my apoliges for the mess of a response

I have several well pumps and wanting to know in general if the freeze miser would protect one as if it would work as well on a pump as it does on a line. Located in SW Michigan. I have left lines drip all night when things have gotten unexpectedly cold very quickly and it has saved me before. So in my mind if a freeze miser will keep a line open why not a pump?(but I really dont want to learn the hard way) Especially if the pump is warmer than where the freeze miser is located.

But for my situation right now I have 2 above ground pumps Im worried about one is fairly well protected and wont freeze until it gets down below 20 all night than I will turn a heat lamp on and its pretty much bullet proof providing the power stays on. The other one is heated from a milk house heater and insulated and stays around 65 degrees. As long as the power stays on they are not going to freeze but heaters fail breakers trip and power goes out usually at the worst time. I have also been in a situation when running heaters makes things more likely for breakers to trip.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)