AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Freeze miser question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

turbo diesal
Posted 1/10/2024 12:11 (#10566563)
Subject: Freeze miser question

I have been using freeze misers this winter with great success and have reduced my time dealing with water by a lot. My one big worry about them is using them on frost free hydrants. If I lose power long enough for water to freeze the hydrant can of course freeze and become damaged.

Is there anyway around this issue? I am considering tapping into my above ground lines in a area that bypasses hydrants but this is not always practical and alot work were it can be done(at least in the winter when its cold). I have wondered if using a y splitter and putting some type of freeze plug on it would work? Probably not. What about multiple freeze plugs tapped into the hydrant itself( if that's even possible)? Or some sort of way for the water to drain out of the hydrant it loses pressure? Any other ideas I m not thinking of? If I remember right back up power systems for 110 volt wells start at 4k... No thank you

Bonus question will a freeze miser keep a unprotected well pump from freezing on its own?

Edited by turbo diesal 1/10/2024 12:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)