AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RTK signal sent to different monitors?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

JHEnt
Posted 1/13/2024 06:46 (#10571095 - in reply to #10569059)
Subject: Re Deere NCT rtk

Southern Illinois
Deere has consistently changed the message encoding for the sf3000 + receivers.

Digifarm uses gps only iTC messages which many years ago a guy who later was their dealer for their caster software (Geo++) wrote software to turn rtcm 2.3 I to iTC NCT. Currently digifarm broadcasts this iTC message on their Deere data stream.
The iTC protocol was once a published paper so if you had a copy you could do with it what you wanted. Everything Deere does now is proprietary kept secret. They don't need patents if they just keep the message format a secret.

A few years ago I had reverse decoded Deere then 2017 protocol for NCT for gps and GLONASS. They changed the messages within a year. Then changed them again with the release of the 6000 receiver. The current messages appear more difficult to extract data from. I can identify the rtcm3.2 MSM message that they contain the measurements for but don't see much logic yet in the encoded bits. They may have simply added an encryption filter to the data itself.
Deere can make these changes easily as they push the update along with the display software updates. Right now even the 3000 receivers are using this latest message format.

Deere can just keep having rtcm unlocked through their mRTK unlock license and do away with any real cause to try to decide their future NCT data.
Deere could also just include a simple encryption in the can bus messages in the future and lock out the CRG. The people up their at Agragps had to spend a good deal of time logging and then encoding software to make their unit pretend to be a Deere enough to allow the steering to work. One simple encrypted message could render them useless. It all depends on what Deere decides to do.

Edited by JHEnt 1/13/2024 06:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)