AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RTK signal sent to different monitors?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

GcDm2010
Posted 1/11/2024 22:57 (#10569059 - in reply to #10567942)
Subject: RE: RTK signal sent to different monitors?

1666guy - 1/11/2024 09:50
What’s your timeline on Deere shutting the door on the Agra-GPs market? I can’t imagine they are fans on the CRG…

In addition to Matt's comment, I wondered if the RTK signal Deere uses, (NPT?) is out of patient limitations. It's 20 years in the US and Canada. Otherwise, why would DigiFarm have lasted this long? Going forward, all their autonomy is going to require SF-RTK, so they have plenty of opportunity to keep their customers on the Green and Narrow. The kind of customers buying the Agra's are probably the types that would just buy used receivers and live with SF1 or maybe set up their own base. I don't think Agra threatens Deere too much. I haven't seen any running on any equipment locally anyway. Most machines around me still roll with the SF3000 and are happy with the dealer's RTK network at $1800/year for the whole operation.

In response to unit's that will only Auto Steer with their own receivers, that's probably as much liability as brand loyalty. Case in point, I had a Trimble system feeding NMEA to Precision Planting's Gen 2. I had a horrible stand one year with lots of missing plants. The PP local dealer said he didn't find anything mechanically wrong with my planter. Data analytics from PP said their was an error with the GPS signal. The Trimble dealer did an update, but denied it could be Trimble's fault, probably PP's fault. In the end, I now own neither and run all Deere planters.

Edited by GcDm2010 1/11/2024 23:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)