AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Replies from the concerned city friend post
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

wcfields
Posted 11/26/2023 11:59 (#10497594 - in reply to #10496959)
Subject: RE: Replies from the concerned city friend post

Chatham Ontario.
I'm a conventional farmer who uses the whole host of chemicals on the market. We all put ourselves at risk with them and many other things. The researchers will tell you living in a brand new house is a very toxic environment. I renovated an old turn of the century farm house. That was also a very toxic thing to do, disturbing all the lead in the old paints when removing the plaster. Did the best we could cleaning up and removing but I was in the midst of it.
In the late 70's to early 80's the threat was from poorly managed landfills that had taken in highly toxic chemicals that were sprayed on top off household garbage and then covered over. The scientists claimed that in the future there would be younger generations that would suffer from neurological problems. Is that what we see today?
As farmers I do think we suffer from an elevated occurrence of cancer because of a whole host of factors. We are exposed to every thing from bacteria to fungus, toxins in corn (vom),used motor oil,diesel fuel, farm chemicals. Not to mention stresses and other health issues(excess alcohol consumption)because we exist right in our work enviroment.
Like others have mentioned already I like to try and see the whole picture and not always pin the blame on one tiny sliver of the pie.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)