AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Which is the best investment?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tink
Posted 11/21/2023 15:54 (#10491159 - in reply to #10490564)
Subject: RE: Which is the best investment?

BlueDriller - 11/21/2023 08:16
jd8850 - 11/20/2023 23:18 Im not sure why the question was even asked. Land has increased 10 times in value in 50 years. Plus thousands of dollars per acre in profit from the money made on crops. The winner seems easy to me.
It is an outstanding question to ask and consider. The relationship between gold, land, and value compared to the dollar is not well understood. The value of land and gold show the dollar quickly moving towards zero. Land has not increased in value, the dollar has lost value. Think about it.

True. Where I separate from some is I do not consider either gold or land as either an investment or a hedge. 
They can be both. In that, they are the same, yet still different. 

I can recall land selling in the late 70's/early 80's that before the decade of the 80's ended, was selling for less than half it had brought only a few years earlier. In 2004, a tract of land sold for a similar price it would have brought twenty-five years earlier.

When the BoE began selling gold at the end and beginning of the turn of the century into an already depressed market, I saw an opportunity to invest. It's up six-fold. 

Declaring one or the other this or that is missing the fun of it!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)