AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Which is the best investment?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

turbo diesal
Posted 11/21/2023 06:29 (#10490353 - in reply to #10490163)
Subject: RE: Which is the best investment?

Farmland is a better "investment" as long as the area you bought the land in remains stable and you have the means to purchase it.

In 1930 a ounce of Gold would go for roughly $21

Today a ounce of gold is worth about $2000

In 1930 a acre of ground might go for $30 depending on quality

We all know what a acre of tillable land is worth locally

Keep in mind farmland has averaged a net return every year on top of the appreciation. Also the supply of gold increases by 2% on average every year and by much more if the price rises drastically because miners have more incentive to mine it.

Gold is not really a investment it is a form of money. There are some advantageous in gold though. Its portable, easy to hide, can be used to transact privately and can be purchased in small amounts or used to buy things in variable amounts. Its not really practical to break off a chunk of land every time you want to buy something.

For better or worse Bitcoin will eat into the future appreciation of gold. I don't necessarily like this but I don't get to choose what kind of world I live in. It is already happening to a very small degree and will accelerate in near future. Bitcoin can be transacted globally in seconds, has a capped amount, has the highest potential to be secure than any other form of money or property as it is nearly impossible to steal if you hold the private keys, and most importantly governments like bitcoin while hating gold( at least hating it in the sense that common people would use it as a form of money) . In the distant future gold will likely fall and become demonetized to the value of its industrial utility(along with jewerly demand) which is currently roughly $200/ounce.

Edited by turbo diesal 11/21/2023 06:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)