AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

black leg
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

paulsneighbor
Posted 10/31/2023 03:38 (#10463226)
Subject: black leg

goodhue county,mn
so...when i was in 6th grade my dad lost about 10 head one summer .....blackleg ,.........so we vaccinated spring and fall .........2002 i lost 5 calves ....vret said blackleg ......said i need to vaccinate a 3rd time.......so my cows have 6 paddocks and i try to get them home by last weekend in june to give calves a 2cd round of vaccine ...first round is when i tag and band ....1 hour old to 3 weeks old.........and 3rd round is around weening time...which is october.......

.....so came out to check them in yard on friday 2 dead.........had the vet post them ,,,,,,,,,,,,black leg ...........he said i need to give them the 3rd shot 3 weeks after the late june round..........and in fall i always run my calves thru twice ........they would be shots 4 and 5 ................

are you kidding me ....in the summer i cant get them home 3 weeks after june shot ....pasture is too good yet ,,,,what a pain in the a**............any body else dealing with this crap ......so 45 years of this stuff and apperently its getting stronger or calves more suseptable
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)