AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Aggressively dislike this…
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

moon1234
Posted 10/7/2023 09:34 (#10431088 - in reply to #10430658)
Subject: RE: Aggressively dislike this…

De Forest, WI
BryceH - 10/6/2023 21:45

So…. Maybe I’m just being paranoid or ****y about this, however, I just checked out at our local Whole Foods and they have a new feature “pay with palm”. Essentially you hold your hand over the scanner and it registers your palm/ figure prints, links it to your account/ identity and automatically charges your card or bank account linked to you.

I’m all about connivance and quick in and out but I’m not sure I want Amazon to have that level of info to my personal data.

It doesn’t use your “fingerprint”, same as Apple. It actually has a subdermal scanner that looks under the skin similar to shining a flashlight on your skin and “seeing” under the skin.

This prevents fakes for the most part and doesn’t reveal any discoverable images. It’s not possible to say “show me Dave’s fingerprints”. They can’t take a picture of something you have touched and match it back. You would have to touch another scanner.

Apples Touch ID stored the biometric data on the phone. It never went to apple. There is a chip in the phone that securely stores the biometric data. Obviously for Whole Foods that won’t work as you could be using many different scanners, but the idea is the same. If the data is hacked they can’t use your biometric data. It’s a one way thing, biometric data too has value. Can’t turn the hash back into the same biometric data.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)