AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Burns how do you feel about this?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

jwal10
Posted 7/12/2023 21:58 (#10313399 - in reply to #10312880)
Subject: RE: John Burns how do you feel about this?

Western Oregon
I have never worn sunscreen. I was a red headed, fair skinned kid. I blistered a couple times as a kid moving irrigation pipe, took about 30 minutes in warm summer sun. I really had to watch the top of my ears so I have worn a straw hat and long sleeved shirt if I knew I was going to be out in the sun longer than an hour. Bought my first cab tractor in 1973, cab on a combine since 1970. Always cab tractors the rest of my farming career until 1992. Worked 16 years mostly indoors at city waterplant. Retired at 55, I never spent long hours in full sun, working or since I retired. Never had anything show up, skin wise. 67 now and no badly wrinkled or damaged skin but never had a lot of skin exposed to full sun. I do wear cargo shorts and short sleeve T-shirts some, now but not sitting or out in full hot sun. Never been around the water much, don't swim and I have always lived in the mountains of western Oregon. Wife grew up in Long Beach California but moved to Oregon at 18. She hasn't had to have anything removed but goes to a dermatologist to get checked. She wasn't a "sun worshiper" or spent a lot of time in the summer sun in Oregon, but her skin is damaged some and has "sun spots" and wore sunscreen some and put it on the kids "some" when out in the summer....James
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)