AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Burns how do you feel about this?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 7/11/2023 23:57 (#10311990 - in reply to #10310849)
Subject: RE: John Burns how do you feel about this?

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
All I know is a kid I burned quite easily, I'm fair skinned, red head. I paid the price for not wearing sunscreen all the time, 99% of the time I put it on first thing in the morning. Even if I think I'll be inside most of the day. Today without sunscreen 10-15 minutes in direct sunlight I can feel my skin burning. if I stay outside in sun with no protection for a couple of hours, I will burn enough that in a day or two I will be peeling.

As a kid I used to get the bad burns on my back, as I swam all the time in the water and was on swim team in California. That's when I hated to wear sunscreen. I go yearly to have pre-cancers burned off. There was a period (20 years ago) I had to go every 6 months to burn them off, even had to have biopsy's taken out of my face tested for cancer. I like to wear cowboy hats, however tough to get into most all trucks without knocking them off. It's a real pain, I wear ball caps they are bad for ears.

I've got Mexican friends they sunburn as well, they wear big hats, sunscreen. Wait until you see a young kid die of melanoma in his early twenty's. A kid from another town married neighbor gal. He had melanoma as a young kid, parents refused to take him in, or put sunscreen on him. Damage was done, it came back after he got married, bought a home. Killed him, such a waste. I keep sunscreen in all trucks, I see a kid not wearing it I harp on them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)