AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere 567 Baler trouble
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

deere dr.
Posted 6/1/2023 13:30 (#10252453 - in reply to #10250494)
Subject: RE: John Deere 567 Baler trouble

I believe you’re right… I’ve fought this problem in the past too… When you're running the actuator in manual mode, what does the display read? It should give you the current (amperage) readout. Running the actuator on this channel doesn’t give any over amperage protection, which is why I think there’s a warning somewhere about holding it too long past the extend/retract position causing too high of a current draw. I think the monitor will only “send out” a certain current at it’s supplied voltage, and if it isn’t enough to get the actuator moving, it’s stuck. Little voltage drops through all the connections will cause less “power” to get through to the actuator. I did the same as suggested above and got rid of the weatherpak connector at the back and soldered solid. (Less voltage drop). If you’re handy with a multimeter, it’d be interesting to know what the backprobed voltage is when the actuator should be moving. Important to be probed, not unplugged. Also another way to test if it’s a power issue through the monitor, albeit a hassle, is to hook the actuator wires to a relay, that is supplied to power through a battery back by the actuator. Just for testing purposes. And see if the power being supplied straight from the battery will get the actuator moving rather than having to go through the monitor. Also could check that the net knife moves freely. If it gets hung up it’ll take more “power” to get it moving.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)