AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best way to catch an unwanted roommate
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

johns_79
Posted 5/16/2023 13:43 (#10231503)
Subject: Best way to catch an unwanted roommate

Windom, MN
Last week my wife left the garage door open.. It was closed around 9pm, but I'm thinking something came in the unfinished attached garage, climbed on a cabinet, and got into the soffit and from there possibly the attic. Saturday night and last night I thought I heard something in the attic walking around. I have a slough in my backyard and have plenty of raccoons and opossum back there. Not sure what it is, but it has to be bigger than a bat.

Our bedroom is by the garage, and I thought I heard something getting in the cat food at about 2AM last night, so I opened the garage door and looked around. Didn't see anything run out, but didn't see anything in the garage either. I went back to bed and didn't hear anything for the rest of the night.

Attic access is from inside the house, so not really wanting to open that to look around in case whatever it is gets into the living area. I do believe it can get out, because the cat food was knocked over last night, but I didn't see anything when I looked.

What climbs better? A racoon or opossum? I would say its at least 2.5 feet from the top of the cabinet to the rafters.

I put a trap with cat food in the garage this morning hoping if it didn't escape last night I can get it tonight. Just wondering if there are other ideas on how to lure it out.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)