AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Low carb tamale pie
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

jwal10
Posted 4/19/2023 17:31 (#10193652 - in reply to #10193433)
Subject: RE: Low carb tamale pie

Western Oregon
I make a lot of our old standby ground beef casseroles without the topping, like taco pie. We dry some sweetcorn to make corn meal and add a couple tablespoons on top, sometimes, or mix it into the casserole. I like a little in Chili. Chicken enchilada casserole without tortillas. Chicken pot pie without crust. We don't make pies anymore, I just sprinkle some rolled oats, drizzle with a TBS of honey with a few chopped walnuts on top of fresh fruit (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, apples, pears or cranberries) or in the winter, canned fruit, canned in plain water and drained. I drink the water. We make "muffins" with bananas, 1/2 rolled oats, 1/2 rolled oat flour, baking powder and walnuts, or carrots, or squash or cooked raisins. Banana/oat pancakes with fresh fruit, especially like stewed apples. Fruit doesn't need sugar, a little water and cook until tender. Love cranberries with a finely chopped orange and TBS of honey. We make our own corn tortillas and use a mix of meat, some greens or sprouts and homemade "farmers" goat cheese topped with a few herbs. Bell peppers, onion, chives and onion. A little tomato sauce spread on a corn tortilla makes a great pizza with the same toppings and a drizzle of olive oil....James
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)