AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

12+ years low carb and low sugar...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

cfdr
Posted 3/28/2023 10:31 (#10161468 - in reply to #10160811)
Subject: RE: 12+ years low carb and low sugar...

John Burns - 3/27/2023 21:16

But on the rare occasion I renig and have something with a fair amount of sugar in it (I had a half slice of conventional pecan pie earlier this year at a friends birthday celebration), my knee lets me know about it for a day or two till it works out of it.

For me, sugar is definitely a pain in the joints substance that I avoid.

John, I have to admit that I used to doubt that eating sugar could have such immediate consequences. I don't anymore. My wife was given some cookies by a neighbor, and, of course, I had a couple of them each of the next two nights. The next morning, I struggled to get out of bed due to back pain. I had not experienced it ever since cutting out sugar earlier this winter. And, as soon as the cookies ran out, the back pain went away.

I should add - I have not made an effort to go really low carb. I still eat a (smallish) bowl of half oatmeal and half walnuts every morning. I also have not given up using some honey in my mid-morning tea. If I need a "cigarette" in the evenings, I still eat a few crackers with butter on them.

One more thing - currently my system has been the most settled and regular it has ever been. And I was bothered by IBS for many, many years.

I have to say thanks, John, for all of the on-going discussion about this. Now I had better quit before people here start to think you are ghost-writing these replies . . .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)