AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Late model equipment for sale?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

SSF
Posted 3/19/2023 06:54 (#10147293 - in reply to #10147283)
Subject: RE: Late model equipment for sale?

Cadiz Kentucky
I know lease structures have certainly changed. I have never heard of that. Usually the leasing company is not the dealership as they are usually a 3rd party or an arm of the equipment manufacturer. My personal alliance and respect is with my dealer who is usually a long term relationship that requires give and take when trading equipment more often. I used to manage a dealership and that is why I refer to both sides of the fence. Thanks for the info on the return fee……… The devil is always detailed in the details especially in any lease. I had a landlord that passed and had a CIH 120 hp tractor leased. I assumed the balance of the lease for the family to assist them in utilizing a dead expense for them. To my surprise there was not a listed Purchase option listed. Had a “contact dealer for price” language. I do not think that would qualify as a true lease in the IRS statue. I think a true lease has to have annual cost listed, terms, expiring date and the purchase option. I could be wrong though. Things change so fast anymore!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)