AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

High Cholesterol on "mostly" Keto or lower carb diet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

ricefarmer14
Posted 2/28/2023 12:41 (#10116961)
Subject: High Cholesterol on "mostly" Keto or lower carb diet

East Arkansas
John Burns and others who post here often may have covered this in a previous post but I've been on a lower carb diet, and many meals are almost absent of carbs. I've really tried to follow a higher protein diet comprised of few seed oils and we are doing more of our own cooking. I try to eat fish, steaks, more butter, protein shakes, greek yogurt, nuts, some salads but will occasionally have rice or potatoes with a meal. Basically I've tried to eat more of a "real" food diet...

My question is on recent bloodwork my total cholesterol number is higher than usual but the triglycerides are low and the HDL is high but so is the LDL...I have a 32 inch waist and lift weights and could possibly be 10-15 pounds overweight. High cholesterol runs in my family but heart disease really hasnt been an issue for my family.

Is there anything i'm doing with my diet that would cause this number to be high or is there possibly a food on a low carb diet i should be eating more of to combat the high total cholesterol numbers?? thanks i advance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)