AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

High Cholesterol on "mostly" Keto or lower carb diet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/28/2023 16:04 (#10117259 - in reply to #10117248)
Subject: RE: Dr Paul Mason weighs in with research

Pittsburg, Kansas
Ivor Cummins is the go to source to learn about the CAC.

https://m.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&search_query=dave+feldman+chol...

All the CAC score does is let you know if you have a problem with calcium buildup in your heart. If you have a zero score there is no calcification and no risk of heart diseas from that aspect (could still have a heart attack from other heart problems). If a person has a high score it is a wake up call to change the environment to prevent the score from advancing and getting worse.

The test is an early warning signal for coranary calcification buildup.

My heart doctor foo-fooed the idea. Wanted me on statins. I went and had the test done unbeknownst to him anyway. Presented him with the results. He says something flippantly like "well you are good to go then!" and ends the session. He was a prick. I will not be going back to him.

His poor nurse was about 50-60 years old and COVERED in skin tags. Very much over weight. Probably diabetic and almost positively insulin resistant. Felt sorry for her. She definitely needed a low carb diet change in the worst possible way, but I kept my mouth shut. This is in a heart doctors office with medical staff that should actually know what they are doing. I won't be going back there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)