AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

War outcome
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

havin’funfarming
Posted 2/9/2023 09:01 (#10085982 - in reply to #10085808)
Subject: RE: Question for Reality or anyone else

I am well aware that I am not above being played and I don’t see why you felt a need to make that statement. I am actually pointing out, through listing a few facts, that we all should be very vigilant to ensure that what we believe is in line with reality. That’s why I listed a few facts that might indicate that reality might be different than some have been led to believe.

For example, in your response it is actually you that is making the allegations of what Putin’s intentions are and they don’t line up with anything Putin had said so far. Yes he has been involved in other wars before. But ask yourself if you felt the same way when our side attacked and invaded the numerous countries in years past? I suspect that you “knew” that the intentions of our own leaders were only good at the time. We were often killing others to stop genocide. You “knew” that we didn’t want to continue conquering other countries upon victory, we were just trying to stop genocide from happening. Putin is literally saying the same thing yet you assume the worst in him.

It is human nature to assume and see the worst in opponents and assume and see the best in ourselves and our allies. As far as bringing it to the attention of the UN, or the world for that matter, this issue has been brought up since 2014 but no one bothered to do anything about it.

So as far as the ability of being played you are correct, maybe I am. I know that is a possibility. On the flip side it might be wise to realize that you might be getting played also. I hope you realize that is also a possibility.

It is because of the possibility that either or even both of us might be getting played that we need to be able to have open discussions about this, or any other topic. It is OK to question or even suggest motives that haven’t been proven. The problem arises when productive discussions and the learning that accompany them are thwarted when someone, including myself, assume that assumptions or beliefs are indeed indisputable facts. When the raw emotion is taken out of discussions and one only lists known facts the entire situation often becomes very different.

Edited by havin’funfarming 2/9/2023 09:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)