AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Confusion with USB Stick Formats
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/2/2023 08:34 (#10017167 - in reply to #10015698)
Subject: RE: Confusion with USB Stick Formats

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Herbie56 - 1/1/2023 12:40

I've found that I have to use memory chips with write speeds faster than 100 MB/S in my Drone. 100 MB/S SD cards eventfully fail and become unusable. As for your situation I wonder what would happen if you only use the cheap Chinese in the non-blue USB ports. Blue ports are USB 3 and are able of much faster speed. Maybe your computer thinks they're faster than they are actually capable.

Had not thought of the speed angle. The office computer is a bit old as it is a refurbished model. It has USB ports on the front and rear. I will try using the Chinese sticks with the rear USB ports to see if there is a difference.

What still seems strange is that I added a fair amount of music to the Red USB stick when new to me. Then it failed. I took it to a friend who did something with it on a Win 10 machine.

Later my Chromebook would read the original music and the music played properly. The computer that originally put the music on the stick would not. When I put the Red stick back into the original computer a message says there is a problem. It doesn't seem to fix it however. The Red Stick seems to continue to work in the ChromeBook which may have a slower USB capability. None of these sticks (exFAT) seem to work in my Silverado although another FAT formatted stick works fine. I can't format these sticks as FAT due to their size. I guess exFAT means the sticks can be used by both Windows and IOS machines?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)