AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cheap GPS Option, AGOPENGPS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Herbie56
Posted 7/7/2022 09:46 (#9737946 - in reply to #9737896)
Subject: RE: Cheap GPS Option, AGOPENGPS

Coles County, Illinois
I started using a UBlox dev board as my base station. It was connected to an old Win7 computer running SNIP via USB. This worked OK during planting the first year but went down during replant and was unreliable during post spraying. Since I was filling the sprayer near the base station rebooting wasn't a total disaster. Post season I started having issues with the mouse and keyboard on that old Win7 box and I had to decide on a replacement.

My help runs Apple Smartphones so using bluetooth to deliver the correction data to the rovers isn't practical. This https://www.ardusimple.com/product/wifi-ntrip-master/ uses WIFI and also contains a socket interface to send RTCM 3.X data to a service like RTK2Go. This eliminated my need for a Windows box for the base station. It also frees up the bluetooth channel of my Android so I can listen to Pandora thru my Bose Headphones directly. I highly recommend this XBee add on.

So now my Base station uses this chip to connect to my wifi to send the correction data out. The rovers use this chip to connect to the internet via a smartphone's hotspot feature.

Edited by Herbie56 7/7/2022 09:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)