AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cheap GPS Option, AGOPENGPS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

millerlanefarms
Posted 7/6/2022 09:52 (#9736380 - in reply to #9734984)
Subject: RE: Cheap GPS Option, AGOPENGPS

cyclones30 - 7/5/2022 12:15

How much $$ do you think you have in it including your time?

That's a loaded question hahah. I'm up to about 1800CAD now with a few accessories, and I over bought on a couple things because like a previous poster mentioned I also went down the wrong path a bit.

Time... well if I paid myself $30/hr. I could probably afford one of the John Deere fully autonomous prototypes by now.. all kidding aside, I learn this stuff slower so have spent alot of time reading and talking to people. First one is always bad. If I was to start from scratch again knowing what I know now.. I could probably get everything organized and place my orders in a couple hours. Set up antennas in a few hours. I haven't build my board yet so another couple hours there. All in all not bad.

I have my antennas, receivers, and base station set up up now churning out RTK over rtk2go.com NTRIP service. So if we add to another unit, or a neighbor wants to set it up to that doesn't need to be done again, the config on that was confusing and took a fair bit of time. Got lucky and found a random video that gave the right answers. Learned lots though.

Its all relative, and what you value your time at. I have evenings to tinker after my day job this time of year, not that I wouldn't of found ways to fill my time, but gives me a chance to complete it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)