AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Clearance for Bean Fungicide?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

schwinnj
Posted 6/28/2022 10:42 (#9724966 - in reply to #9724835)
Subject: RE: Clearance for Bean Fungicide?

Northwest Ohio
We're doing tramlines in 7.5" beans (JD 750), with Hardi TR500 with 45' boom. 14.9x46 tires on the spray tractor (CIH 5140 Maxxum). Also use same tramline system for wheat.
We did raise our sprayer by adding 2 square blocks where tandem axles bolt to square posts coming out of sprayer frame (home-engineered) ... I'd need to measure how much height gained (I'm guessing 8" total).
Last year was first year we knocked down beans and they didn't spring back up in places ... otherwise haven't been able to see we've been in there come harvest time. Been doing this for probably 12 years or so.
Have thought about adding an aluminum belly pan on bottom of sprayer, as rear cross-beam at bottom of booms stick down lower than rest of sprayer ... but haven't got it done yet.
Turning with sprayer tandems wipes out more beans than single wheel sprayer would, try to spray fields same way for both post emerge herbicide and fungicide applications so knocking down same beans each time on end rows.
Spray all our beans with fungicide each year ... I'm convinced it pays. Spray tracks may be just a hair more green at harvest time (I'm assuming by beans being more bent over under sprayer, tractor, etc).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)