AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

portable blow torches
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jdironman
Posted 6/25/2022 10:14 (#9720396 - in reply to #9720077)
Subject: RE: portable blow torches

Nw Iowa
I have always been a torch guy, and there are definitely times for a torch but I carry around a Dewalt 20volt grinder with the thin cut off wheels and over half the time that does the trick. Our service truck has a torch set with the smaller tanks than torch we have in the shop and they run out quite fast and those are probably 10 times or more bigger than set you are talking about.
I got new respect for one of those little grinders when we were redoing a bin and had to cut off the newly installed auger tube as it was alittle long. Torch had just ran out of Oxygen and nephew grabbed the cordless grinder from service truck and said he could use that. I said he was going to be at it all day. Tube was 10” downspout, a thicker one and he cut thru it in just a couple of minutes, might have taken 2 blades (.99 a piece) and had a nice clean cut. Since than I keep one in bag in 1/2 ton pickup I drive everyday and use it all the time. Not much good to cut a bearing off though but have even fabricated or cut some small pieces for onspot repairs. Amazing what 1 bag of cordless tools will do when you are away from the shop.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)