AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

portable blow torches
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

central va farmer
Posted 6/25/2022 05:36 (#9720019 - in reply to #9719635)
Subject: RE: portable blow torches

Virginia
I've always wanted a set of those. Getting our big set out of the shop is a royal pain. Back in the late winter early spring I pulled the trigger. I did alot of research on them and came to the conclusion that the tractor supply/ harbor freight versions should be left alone. Its a toss up on the tanks. They will come with China tanks that welding supply place won't fill. So I bought a set from local welding supply store. It comes with cutting torch and a small rosebud. I then bought 2 extra tanks to have on reserve. I've used them 3 or 4 times since purchasing and my pressure hasn't dropped much. Welding place said run time would be a 1 hr to 1.5 hr. Think about it how often do you leave it lit and continue to burn for 1.5 hr straight. I think I have $800-$900 bucks in mine counting spare tanks. I would definitely recommend.
On a side note, I have a 3/4 drive milwaukee impact. Its a beast, but would not break a nut loose on a d4 dozer. Got out little torch and a minute later done. Sometimes you just need some heat.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)