AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dad on meth, won't let me plant...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

WildBuckwheat
Posted 6/13/2022 14:55 (#9703485 - in reply to #9702542)
Subject: RE: Dad on meth, won't let me plant...

Middlesex County, Ontario
If he can't shoot at you and and he can't damage the crop more than doing donuts in his truck, would that work for you?

Some states have laws that allow for warrantless firearm seizure for mental evaluation. Some states allow firearm seizure from those that are mentally ill. I don't know what MN is like. It usually takes a call to the local police and someone making a claim that they fear for the person's life, someone has to call and claim that the person with the firearm is going to hurt themselves or someone else. You will feel guilt for years but you won't regret it. You'll still always wonder if he has a new firearm, but its better than knowing for sure that he's got a bunch of firearms.

Contact every local co-op and applicator and supplier and whatever and make sure that they know the land belongs to you, not to him, and he is not to order/hire anything done to it. You don't have to tell them the whole truth, you can just say he's older and confused.

There is probably a way to get those firearms away from him, at least research what that process is so that you know the process when the time comes.

If you did some kind of fake rental or crop share agreement, would he let you plant it then? Addicts know where the money for their habit comes from and they want the money to keep coming. I assume he doesn't have any other real income and even though he'll use the money for drugs, he'll also use it for groceries. Stopping the payments when he acts like this might make him smarten up real fast?

No matter what you do, its not going to stop until he doesn't live there anymore. Hopefully it doesn't open you up to being sued for anything and hopefully some lost yield due to delayed planting is the most it will financially cost you. Do what you need to do to ensure that he doesn't ruin more than his own life.

Edited by WildBuckwheat 6/13/2022 15:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)