AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dad on meth, won't let me plant...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

cumminspowered
Posted 6/12/2022 21:46 (#9702542)
Subject: Dad on meth, won't let me plant...

NW MN
Gonna try to keep this as short as possible. Dad has been on meth for around 20 years. I have known he was 110% for sure on it for the last 5 years. Have tried working with him for around 20 years, both of us farming separately, but me trying to farm with him together. For example, he wouldn't show up to go combining, both of us had our own combines, many many times this happened and more. I didn't know it back then why he wouldn't show up, but he had crashed off of his meth bender.

Fast forward to last spring. He hasn't payed his taxes in close to 10 years. I had tried helping him with it all. He filed for bankruptcy. The bank wanted to work with him, the courts and bank were going to make it all work through mediation. He then doesn't show up to any of the court proceedings. The courts say the heck with him and foreclose on him.

I get wind of this and buy all of his land, 2 building sites, including his home, where I grew up. I told him he owes me nothing as long as I can farm it to make the payment. I farmed it last year, he was reluctant about it but no longer has any equipment to do anything on his own.

Now, this year, I go to his home place, 75 tillable acres, I start digging it and he wigs out, hiding behind a tree with a rifle, etc etc. Being very creepy. He's still on meth. He refuses to let me cultivate or plant it. He has no means to do so on his own. So here I sit. Not wanting to get shot but I still have to make the payment to hold this all together.

Not sure why I'm posting this truth... I guess I'm just venting.... Anyways, I'm not sure what to do at this point....

Edited by cumminspowered 6/12/2022 21:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)