AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Adding RTK steering to MX200 2wd
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

H3f
Posted 5/26/2022 21:47 (#9677678 - in reply to #9673549)
Subject: RE: Adding RTK steering to MX200 2wd

I have an InCommand 1200, Ontrac3, and 6500 RTK antenna in a MX210 2wd. I am satisfied with the performance. Could it be better? Sure, but may not be worth the extra cost. I can see where a MFWD and hydraulic steering would be better. I set the 3 pt tight for planting. I usually try to plant on somewhat of a ridge. I have one field that was never started fresh with the RTK that causes trouble because the planter pushes the tractor some. In that case I think the MFWD pulling the tractor back on track vs the front wheels trying to push the tractor back on track and the faster react time of hydraulic steering would be better. I am running mostly straight lines on flat fields, so I don't know if a lot of curves or slopes would prove disappointing.
In the past, I ran an Integra on WAAS. I always used the markers, just watched the lightbar and averaged the two if it seemed to make sense. Sometimes the lightbar would be dead on and other times way off. I never nudged the line because I preferred to keep it "anchored".
With RTK I know where the field edges are if I do full tillage. After setting guidance lines you are a little bit more sure you are going to miss that telephone pole with RTK (still slow down and watch).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)