AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My Old drill vs My New Drill
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

unifarmor
Posted 6/13/2009 00:20 (#743305 - in reply to #743222)
Subject: Liquid Fert photos

Western Oregon
The liquid works quite well. I was given some old Blumhardt fittings (http://www.blumhardteq.com/) so that pretty much set my course of action. I mounted the blumhardt spray boom on the drill draw bar. Somewhere there is a photo of it on this forum. I ran the tubes down through the double disk openers. Blumhardt sold me stainless tube holders that bolted directly to the mounts for the scrapers. They ended up making me special tubes that fit properly with my airdesign scrapers. Not too expensive and they are nice people to talk with.
I found a 200 gal liquid tank that a neighbor had for his older Great Plains drill. With a few modifications it worked very well. I use a hydraulic driven pump. I currently have an electric hydraulic flow control which I scrounged off eBay. This would be kind of expensive to buy outright so I'm not sure I would recommend it.
I just bought a Micro-Trak spraymate II which I have not mounted yet. I think this will make things pretty simple.
Have been attempting to run a constant speed and watching a pressure guage. I think it works much better than dry fertilizer which I had before. The dry rusted my drill very badly.

(fertilizer_on_gp.jpg)

(max_downpressure.jpg)

(blumhard_tube_2.jpg)

(blumhardt_tube.jpg)

(scrapers_and_fertilizer_tube.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments fertilizer_on_gp.jpg (83KB - 75 downloads)
Attachments max_downpressure.jpg (97KB - 73 downloads)
Attachments blumhard_tube_2.jpg (54KB - 65 downloads)
Attachments blumhardt_tube.jpg (76KB - 67 downloads)
Attachments scrapers_and_fertilizer_tube.jpg (52KB - 60 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)