AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for older reliable disc mower
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JKneese
Posted 6/11/2009 23:15 (#741995 - in reply to #741851)
Subject: Re: Looking for older reliable disc mower

Yorktown, TX
I cracked an old cutter like that, and when I put the remote in float, it came down too fast. My dad cracked one because a skid shoe was loose. Also, the only time I lift the cutter is if the turn requires it to swing on the outside of the turn (seldom happens). I will agree with the comment about the new mowers, but this guy is asking about an older reliable cutter. The Jd that I bought was also a repo from a crack dealing guy in Seguin, Tx. It was a yr. old when I got it, and I just had to pay off the loan ( $1637). There is no telling what the cutter went through before I got it (if the guy was lit when he ran it), but the price was right. It was my second cutter, and for a 23 yr. old trying to expand, it fit the bill. With the price mounted cutters are getting now, I can justify buying a Claas next time. They are the best piece of equipment, with simple and understandable engineering, that I have ever had experience with.

What are you going to buy that is not fluid filled, or are you going back to sickle bar?

Edited by JKneese 6/12/2009 10:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)