AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for older reliable disc mower
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

feelnrite
Posted 6/11/2009 22:02 (#741851 - in reply to #741796)
Subject: Re: Looking for older reliable disc mower

northwest tennessee
I have an 05 700 HD gen ll that has a cracked cutter bar. This is a Kuhn mower and has cut at the most 1500 acres. I bought it new and I am the only one that has run it. I had a Kuhn before this that was 17 years old when I traded it. It was a good mower but I think something has happened to them. I am hearing of problems with them. I wont be buying another fluid filled cutterbar mower, or anything that Kuhn makes. I notice you say the 92 has been over the most ground and you have had a problem with the 05. I bet you will find the 05 is not the mower that the 92 is. I have had lots of metal pieces crack and or break on mine besides the cutterbar. Something is just not right about it. I had one dealer tell me that when they started making the mower to lift up out of the hay with just the hydraulic lever they started seeing problems. I know of another mower that is the age of mine but been used more that is leaking too. My crack is about 6 inches from the shoe that is next to the tractor but out towards the end of the bar.

Edited by feelnrite 6/11/2009 22:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)