AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Air ride seat What a disappointment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mike in sw mn
Posted 5/21/2009 21:46 (#720146)
Subject: Air ride seat What a disappointment

Walnut Grove MN USA
Suspension in the ol 4840 wasn't the best so I ordered an air ride suspension from Shoup. Installed it yesterday. First off the instructions are crap, which holes do you use it doesn't say. Got it in the tractor and put seat on. Even at the lowest setting it is plenty high, I'm 6' and it is about right but for somebody 5'9" or less the feet wouldn't touch the floor. Then I aired it up. Compressor ran about 10 seconds and lifted about an inch, thats all. If I got off the seat it would lift about 4 more inches, sit back down and had about 1 inch travel. After running down the road today and bottoming out all afternoon I had enough. Slid the seat off and decided there hads to be a way to make it put more air in the bag. Turns out there is a switch at the bottom that apparently limits how much the seat moves when the compressor is pumping. A quick hot wire job and it pumps up like it should, right to the roof now. After a little more studying I realized I could remove some spacers and lower seat by about 3/4 inch, not much but every little bit helps. Haven't tried it out since the mods but should be much better now. Now I need to figure out a way to put an airbag in the 4020 seat suspension. After everybody says how nice the airride seats are I expected more and hoped it would be for nearly $800.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)