AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Buyer beware of an equipment dealer in the Fargo ND area
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tlfarm
Posted 6/24/2022 00:43 (#9718556)
Subject: Buyer beware of an equipment dealer in the Fargo ND area

SE South Dakota
I recently bought a self propelled sprayer from a dealer in Fargo area on last Tuesday and I wired the funds on Wednesday morning and the sprayer was delivered Thursday . I was not there when sprayer was unloaded as I was still planting and didnt get a time or anything of when it’d be there . One of my guys got there about an hour and a half after the dealer said it was delivered and he hooked up a 2630 screen and the sprayer had active engine codes so I texted the salesman right away and he said he’d call me in the am . He never called because he said his daughter was in hospital which I respected not to bother him . So I had the jd dealer come out and the sprayer codes had pointed for him to due compression test . It had low compression on 2 cylinders and two others were at 60-70 percent and one was at 100 . The salesman said before I bought it that it just came in and they’d put a screen in it to check the functionality of the sprayer and clean up some surface rust and a few other things they do to it . I knew there’s be a few things I’d have to fix but for it to come with 3 active engine codes was unacceptable . But I told the dealer I’d have jd come out and I’d pay for it just in case it was simple codes . The kicker was when we unfolded it an was gonna add some water to it to test spray it before the mechanic came out to hook computer we noticed it had 700 gallons of yellowish water in the tank so they trucked it all the way from Illinois where they bought it from to North Dakota and then from North Dakota to my farm in South Dakota with the tank of water 3/4 full . I gave the company a couple days to find me a different sprayer but they couldn’t so I called them today and told them I bought a sprayer at a local dealer and needed my money back and they said they’d have the boss call me and wanted to know how much I would buy it for now for less $ and I said I can’t buy it with a bad engine . The boss hasn’t called me back like they said he would and it’s been 8 days since I wired the $ and I told them I’d eat the trucking as long as they gave me the $ back . I can’t believe they didn’t notice the air coming out of the breather tube as it felt like a hair blower on a super high mode and when I mentioned that to salesman he said well it was a bang up deal because it just came in and they didn’t notice it . I’m hoping the dealer will see this post and give me my $ back and if he doesn’t I will share the company name . I did google their name and there was a post on agtalk asking about them and the only reply was to email them about the company . I truly can’t believe someone would truck a sprayer with 700 gallons of liquid in it and also say it was functionally tested and then admit it wasn’t and now the boss won’t call me back as the salesman said two days ago he forgot to call because they are so busy . Sorry for the bad jumping back and forth about the details but I’m upset and getting nervous about the whole deal.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)