AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hey Case 1200 gurus, is it legal to pay a reward if you solve my problem?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 5/6/2009 15:03 (#704946 - in reply to #704874)
Subject: I'm not a Case 1200 guru...

West Union, Illinois

I'm not a Case 1200 guru, but to paraphrase Sherlock Holmes, when you have eliminated all the other possibilities whatever is left must be the answer.  Looking at what you have one it seems to have to be one of three things.  1) the central metering system is "shorting" one row 2) something between the central and row units is blocking flow, or 3) there is a drive problem with the row unit.

I've been trying to learn and understand a green vac planter and haven't looked a lot at the new red ones.  If I understand how that planter works, there is a central metering unit that feeds individual row units which then meter and singulate the seed, correct? Is it possible to have something between the central unit and the row unit causing a problem?  If so, does seed back up in the tube or is the tube normally full anyway?

My gut feeling is there is a problem with the drive for the row unit.  Is it possible there is a gera in the drive for that row not quite correct?  Broken weld, key missing, etc that allows the chain to slip under use.  Another long shot is count the teeth on all the gears.  If this row has a gear just one tooth off it will affect the population and be virtually indetecable from observation

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)