AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deep religous thoughts this Sunday night...anyone care to answer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Wheatsurfer
Posted 5/4/2009 04:39 (#702442 - in reply to #702357)
Subject: RE: Deep religous thoughts this Sunday night...anyone care to answer?

Those are good deep thoughts and questions Todd. Here are some of my thoughts. They are no better than anyone else’s.
If you have ever had to hold your child while a doctor inflicted pain in an attempt to help cure and heal your kid you’ll never forget the gut wrenching feeling when your kid cries, “Daddy don’t let them hurt me” and all you can say is I’m sorry but they have to do this so you can get better. That kind of experience only gives us a tiny idea of what it must be like to see your son be crucified not for the father’s or son’s benefit but for the benefit of a sinful and fallen world.
As far as having questions about God I think that is quite normal. You can find many instances in the Bible where God tells his followers to not be afraid and do not let your hearts be troubled and offers his peace to the believers. There are many examples showing clearly that God is aware and understanding that we his followers will at times have fears questions and doubts. When Thomas could not believe in the resurrection without seeing and touching, he was not rejected or rebuked but was given what he needed to have his doubts removed and believe. God will help us to have faith and belief too, if we ask, and open the door to our hearts letting him in. Perhaps others feel they have no questions or doubts and have complete understanding of God. I don’t, but I’m ok with that especially when I read passages like Philippians 4:6-7 And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

While I’m at it I’ll toss out another thought. You may have heard that walking into a church no more makes you a Christian than walking into a garage makes you a mechanic. That may well be true but give this some thought please.
If you spend some time in a good garage with really good mechanics and you watch those good mechanics work you might walk out of that garage a better mechanic yourself. If you go the next step and ask the mechanics some technical questions you’re even more likely to become a better mechanic. If you go further and get your hands dirty helping fix some things you’re sure to become an even better mechanic.
If on the other hand all you do when you go to that garage is sit in the break room and drink coffee, tell jokes and stories and gossip, that probably isn’t going to make you a better mechanic. If all you do when you go to that garage is pay your money and drive your car away, well then its not the garages or mechanics fault that you’re not a better mechanic.
Not every garage is good, not every mechanic is good. Don’t let that hold you back. There are some great garages and great mechanics that would love to help you become a better mechanic. Sure you can teach yourself to be a good mechanic but even the best need a little training and help now and again.

Sorry it was so long. Have a good week everyone.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)