AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Breaking in the New Guy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

MN Dave 2
Posted 5/3/2009 10:52 (#701536 - in reply to #701193)
Subject: RE: Breaking in the New Guy

This happened to my son a couple of years ago when he interned at a machinery dealership as a mechanic.

He was allowed to overhaul a large diesel combine engine and after he got it all done and everything put back together, he was in cab starting it up for the first time and there was some loud clicking/rattling noises. He shut engine down, flew out of cab in a panic and there were 2 of his fellow mechanics below by the ladder laughing so hard they could barely stand up..... they had been hitting ladder with screwdrivers.

My son got one of them back a few weeks later. The guy was building a Harley motorcycle/project at home in his spare time. The fellow had his old bike seat at the dealership, he would sit on it to try it out, mutter, try it again, mutter, finally ordered a new seat. The seat happened to be delivered to dealership while my son was there and the other fellow was gone on a service call. My son CAREFULLY up-packaged new seat and put old seat in box and wrapped it all back up. I don't need to tell the rest.

Then there were the air shocks another guy had on a pickup..... guys would let air out of one side, then air out of the other side, then air out both sides at once, put air IN both sides.....

Another time they hooked up the horn on a new service truck to the vehicle's signal lights.....

For some reason my son LOVES working there full time now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)