AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1250 Case IH planter- What the #%$@$%!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

TxFarmer
Posted 4/29/2009 23:51 (#697891 - in reply to #697753)
Subject: Re: 1250 Case IH planter- What the #%$@$%!

Panhandle of Texas
If you read my post earlier, you know that I had some "quality control" issues with my CIH 1200, 12 row stacker.Then I got to reading that this was not uncommon. THEN, I read where someone had like-issues, but had a good dealer, and that made all the difference.See, that's where he & I part company! My dealer sucks! Let me tell you a quick story about the deal:I bought the planter new, had my tractor fitted for the planter (ie: had 'dump' scv, wiring, etc added), and took the planter home.Had chains break, "dogs" break, etc. I think I replaced 9 out of 12 row chains, and 100% of the chains on the transmission.When I bought the planter, I told him the population [of milo] that I desired, and he cut me off (interrupted me), and said "YEAH, I KNOW WHAT YOU NEED""OK" I say to myself...and shut up...well, he got me the wrong friggin' plates, and I had to SILICONE every other hole to make them work..I told him I was not gonna accept that, cause this SOB was new, and I demanded the correct plates (I did not want silcone coming out, thereby changing my rate(s))OK, fast forward a few months: I get a bill from these SOB's, and they try to charge me for 2 sets (24) plates, the "dogs", the chain, and everything else. I told them first, one set of plates was to come with the planter, and second, I am not paying for your screw-up, especially when you interrupted me when I was trying to tell you what I need. I was MORE than happy to give them the silconed plates back, as I had only planted about 400 acres with them. Then, they raise hell about the 'dogs'. They did not say ANYTHING about needing the broken ones back when I got some replacements. Hell, I even took the broken ones into the store with me when they broke, and I was getting new ones!! Then, months later, they say "well, we have to have the broken part in order to have it warrantied". That may be the case (in fact, I know it's the case NOW), but they did not say anything about that...They finally "ate" the cost, and tried to make me feel bad about the deal, but it was a warranty issue, plain and simple.See what a hard ***ed dealer can do to a man? Now, I LOVE this planter. I especially love the guage/depth control wheels. They "pull" instead of "push". On my last MaxEmerge, the wheels pushed (maybe JD has fixed it now), and I was always getting slack/slop in that area, and putting in those thin washers...But, this hard ***ed attitude is what is ruining them. I was even considering a red tractor for a while, but thought heck...if they gave me this much hell over a handfull of planter parts, how are they gonna act if a tractor's engine goes out..?? Besides, when the CIH or CNH or whatever they are called..when the local mechanic DOES FINALLY make it out, they usually come with a few tools in a friggin' 5 gallon bucket !!! TOTALLY unprofessional !! In other words, my ONLY choice is green....I just wanted to share this, so that those of you that DO have a good CIH/CNH dealer..please chairish them!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)