AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

When a dealer doesn't follow thru, and I should be running
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JoshA
Posted 4/26/2009 01:30 (#692966 - in reply to #692827)
Subject: Must run in the family, err, AGCO Dealer Network.

Alberta, Canada
Might consider trying another dealer for the rental, obviously you're colorblind, not sure as it's worth inconveniencing yourself to "show him!"
The problem I see isn't the delay, but the lack of communication from the salesman.

Sounds familiar. Bought a new discbine and used big square baler from a salesman in 2007, had no issues with the guy, was my favorite salesman so far. Worked on a deal all winter, and finally got it finalized in the spring. Baler had to be transferred in. Delivery date promised prior to June 10th. Excuse after excuse, was in contact with him daily, in at the store (for other things) a couple times a week, dropped off my tractor there to get set up when the baler arrived. Baler wasn't in, so I went and custom cut for two guys (customers of his) while I waited (my discbine was also in at dealer getting new swath merger installed). Took it back, dropped it off for a week again. Finally took it home as it was needed for other things. Finally! Baler's at other store, baler's already set up, just waiting on a truck, etc etc. Finally, firm delivery (new)date was set. Cut down my best field, raked it in the morning....... talked to the salesman at 3:30pm the day it was ready for baling, was told to have my tractor at the field (15 miles away), and to meet the trucker there at 7-7:30pm that night. Got there. Early. Waited. Waited longer. Called salesman. Voicemail. Called salesman at home. Voicemail. Called owner of dealership. No idea what I was talking about, there's no baler. 7:00am the salesman called, confessed, he was full of shoot. He lied.

The biggest problem? My baler was in dis-repair. All winter. Dealer wouldn't fix it since it was being traded. Called the service department at 8:00am (opening time). "Well, pick a number, maybe get there in 4 days, cept, it's Thursday.... make it Tuesday."

So we spent the day fixing my baler, got to the field at about 9:00pm, baled & stacked all night. JUST, and I mean JUST got it stacked, and we had a storm.

Sorry, just thought I'd share my rant since the excuses sounded so familiar.
By the way, didn't get the new baler until September, and it required the purchase of a new SP discbine to make it happen.

Edited by JoshA 4/26/2009 01:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)