AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

When a dealer doesn't follow thru, and I should be running
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

west illini
Posted 4/25/2009 22:49 (#692827)
Subject: When a dealer doesn't follow thru, and I should be running

IL
A week and a half ago I had arranged to rent an Agco tractor from the local dealer. Well, the tractor was at another store, and I was told a week ago today ( saturday) that it would be here the first of the week. ( Monday/Tuesday). I was told Wednesday that it would be here Friday. Yesterday ( Friday), at 5 pm the salesman told be the truck was leaving first thing this morning to go and get the tractor. Waited all day, with ground ready to run 28% strips on, and no tractor. ( I was doing some patch discing around terraces for the first part of the day anyway, so I did have something to do). 5pm NO TRACTOR! Called the salesman, and was told the truck was ready to leave at 6:30 am, so should have been here and was going to check on it. No return call for an update, and now one Irate customer. I wanted to use this MFD tractor to take a load off the 4450, not have to unhook things often, and be able to get thru this tough damp ground. There better be a darn good explanation or the rent is off. No money changed hands, and nothing signed. Just my good word, and the saleman's good word that he would follow thru with the delivery. All I have to day is....if there is a problem...TELL ME! I can be a very understanding person.
I guess this is a first hand experience of the value of one's word.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)