AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dawn Curvetines and cornstalk rootballs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 4/26/2009 00:58 (#692950 - in reply to #692940)
Subject: Re: Dawn Curvetines and cornstalk rootballs

Driftless SW Wisconsin

Steve,

As far as down pressure settings, if it is "really wet" usually the first notch is enough, especially on the White, for one rubber + one Curvetine. Sometimes folks just release ALL pressure and leave the lever in the slot.

I would suggest you try a couple rows on the first notch and a couple rows running free in the slot with no spring pressure at all. The tail piece may bounce a bit but may also not pickup the rootballs... I would suspect the first notch is the place to run when it is "really wet" in no till.

In "really wet" and WORKED ground I suspect NO spring pressure will work ok most of the time.

Actually I'm glad to hear there are places in KS that are wet. In Beloit when I was there recently it was as dry as I have ever seen in the central US. 

I checked on the Shoup website and couldn't easily find the rock dam but I am pretty sure they have one.  Here is a link to a similar item from SI Distributing. It should work about the same as the ones I saw. They have a list price of under $10. per row.

http://sidist.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=456&ParentCat=124

The Shoup units I saw on a customers planter mounted more from the ouside than the above picture. Might be worth a call to Shoup on Monday.

I'm glad to hear you like the way the Curvetine closes the slot, even in the worked ground.

Jim at Dawn

Edited by Jim 4/26/2009 01:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)