AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Replace Dodge injector pump
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

TWB
Posted 4/25/2009 08:14 (#692260)
Subject: Replace Dodge injector pump

My 2000 model Dodge 3500 diesel truck quit Thursday morning on the interstate going about 70 mph, I pull over on the shoulder and call for a rollback to come and get me. Got it haul to the repair shop that I deal with to check it out. The engine quit and would not start back look it lost it prime. I have a doctor appointment that morning so I got my wife Suburban to go on to that. I check back with the shop later that day and got the news. I needed a newinjector pump, the lift pump fail and burn up the injector pump. The truck only have 125000 miles on it. Anyway he put a rebuilt pump with everything new inside it, a new type supply pump that will supply the injector pump and a new 1/2 inch fuel line from the fuel tank to the engine. The owner of the shop said this will solve the pump failures, by keeping fuel to the injector pump, plus keeping it cool. I like my truck, it got a flatbed on it, but they can cost a alot to keep going. I have had the front end work on twice, replace the 5 speed transmission at 44000 miles ( the dealer took care of that ), a lift pump at 75000 miles, and now this. The truck is almost ten years old, plus paid for, and the rest of the truck is in good shape ( cab inside and out ) because I brought the truck new. I hope this is all for awhile.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)