AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

pressure switch on air compressor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

johns_79
Posted 4/24/2009 21:55 (#691913)
Subject: pressure switch on air compressor

Windom, MN

With the weather getting too bad for field work this weekend, I was going to work on some other projects. I have a used air compressor I bought from my friend. It's a big upright 2 stage, and the pressure switch is leaking. The pressure switch is a square d, and has a small air line running into it with a brass fitting that is spring loaded. Don't know how to explain it, but it kind of looks like a tire valve stem. There are two small holes in it and I believe when it reaches 175 PSI, the contacts release and the valve is pushed down. Air leaks (actually blows) out of the valve for a second or so and then it is supposed to seal. Problem is it never seals unless I shut the compressor off and take the pressure off the valve, then it does not leak.

I don't know where to find parts, or if I need a whole new pressure switch. I can't find what I'm looking for online, and I'm not sure exactly how to fix it.

I guess I was wondering if any of you have ever fixed anything like this, and if so where did you find parts. Really don't want to drive far, but would go to mankato or sioux falls if necessary. Or do you have other places to purchase parts online?

pressure switch

the part in question is on the bottom left hand side, unfortunately the company no longer offers this part.

Edited by johns_79 4/24/2009 22:28

(th_97270284_438.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments th_97270284_438.jpg (4KB - 68 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)