AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HoneyBee drapers any good? Look at these..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Redman
Posted 4/17/2009 22:52 (#684091 - in reply to #683942)
Subject: RE: HoneyBee drapers any good? Look at these..

SW Saskatchewan
Interesting use.

HoneyBee headers are HEAVY so you might want to consider how far out front you put it from the combine front axle. If you put the side conveyor between axles, you should be able to snug the header up to the combine front and avoid that problem.

Wouldn't worry about the schumacher knife if your greens are green. These are used on a lot of old hay swathers to upgrade the cutter system- works great in alfalfa and mixed stands. Only problem is in dryland grass that is nearly ready to bale coming off the knife- just enough moisture to mix with the dust raised in the field to gum everything up- operators have to carry a jug of water to keep knifes free with any system, schumacher just a little tighter. Don't think you will have that problem with your conditions.

Honey Bee offers a dual knife drive system- don't know if you would need it on a 25 ft, and it does add weight.

Good luck---they are made 60 miles from me in the old Frigstad factory where Terry Frigstad designed the Flexicoil cultivator that EdB likes to pull behind his Kittie Kat.

PS - my curiosity got the best of me- what are these greens used for?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)