AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7250/8950 too big?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

rdpwr
Posted 11/15/2006 10:43 (#61845 - in reply to #61811)
Subject: RE: 7250/8950 too big?

I bought a 01 MX270 with 3800hrs for about the same price as a nice 8950 with the same hours would cost. There were alot of pluses to the 270, nicer cab, increased visibility,tighter turning, higher capacities and supposedly more power more options,more,more,more. This tractor is a treat to drive.
The minuses are that the electrical system doesn't seem to hold up. It seems like there is constantly some little thing wrong. I should say that the previous owner didn't take quite as good of care of this thing as he should have. On the other hand everything I have had go wrong didn't have anything to do with lack of maintenance. Hitch switch, pto switch, both front wheel seals (4-5k per SIDE), reverse clutch pack, radar, hyd outlet leak down, coolant reservoir, all in 400hrs. That's the reason I'm so sour about it, I've got a repair bill that is larger that the tracor payment. If you buy one try and find one with the 10,000 hour waranty, and get rid of it before it ends! The xx50 I'm conviced will be a much more reliable tractor, but without some of the features of a 270. Most of these added features are the reason the 270 isn't quite as reliable. There are alot of magnums on tractorhouse.com, that site is very good for comparing prices.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)