AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do you plan to move away when you retire?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

davpal
Posted 4/11/2009 13:10 (#676925 - in reply to #676707)
Subject: RE: Do you plan to move away when you retire?

Mid Michigan
If you would have asked me 10 years ago in my 30's I would have said maybe. Now with the way companies are taking away retirement benefits and health insurance benefits for retired people that will put me at 67 before I can get social security and medicare. Puts a different spin on a 30 year and out retirement plan when you start working at age 19. That puts me at a solid 49 after I have my 30 in. Now that has been pushed up a considerable amount. If I work until I'm 67 ( which I can't imagine) I may be too worn out to move anywhere! I'm currently 44 and this was the first year I decided I can't stand the Michigan winters anymore. I like the change of seasons but the snow and waterfall around here are brutal and cold and wet. I must have plowed snow at least 50 times this winter and we got at least 3 freeze, flood, and thaw cycles this winter. Was brutal. I don't even like the snowmobiles much anymore. I think a guy could do pretty good having a 2nd house in Arizona or somewhere warm and dry. I would just like to close this place up for 6 months and come back after the winter carnage is over. Arizona would be too hot to spend the summer there. I would base it on my finances when the time comes and the 401k better start doing something miraculous in the next 15 years!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)