AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

shop LP hanging heeter, questions/ advice!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 11/12/2006 16:29 (#60840 - in reply to #60707)
Subject: RE: Junk?

just a tish NE of central ND
Yep I agree that this the way they (hanging heeter)work and the placement of the heeter will make it suck in hot air over and over from the ceiling. I do have time to check around and look at effeciency rateings.......and to also consider other options.No sense in wasteing money that I had to earn in the first place.Thanks for the advice. I did not check effeciency rateings yet, but also was unaware that it would be that ineffecient!Some friends have a old mobile home furnace installed in their shop. It heets, but to me seems like it is not very effecient either.But it was cheap! It still takes up plenty of room though. When looking around shops here , most seem to have their heet ducts up above
and alot have their air intake up above also but at opposite ends of the heet outlet.
The electric heeters I saw hanging in one local business also sucks warm ceiling air in to it over and over like the propane ones do.They must be just about as ineffecient as the propane ones are then as far as recyclikng already heated air?Only difference woudl be no stack temp is lost.
What other options do I have? I have overhead doors on the two stall part of the shop so tube heeters would not work.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)