AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

shop LP hanging heeter, questions/ advice!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 11/11/2006 14:10 (#60411 - in reply to #60407)
Subject: Re: shop LP hanging heeter, questions/ advice!

I have a 100,000 btu radiant tube heater in my shop (50'x52'). We normally set the thermostat at 50º and turn it up to 60º degrees when we are working in it. It's nice even heat & like Ron says it keeps the concrete warm, warm enough that it keeps the ice & snow melted from under the sliding doors just from what the outside apro's concrete picks up warmth from the shop floor. Only time we have had problems with the doors freezing down was when th temps dropped below 0º and the snow was blowing towards the doors. Soon as wind changed they would thaw out. The unit is effiecient as well, uses around 650 gal propane from learly Nov. thru the end of March.

Cost is fairly reasonable as well. T gave $1,100 for mine back in 2000 & haven't had a minutes problem with it. It is clean burning as weel. WE didn't even exhaut ours outside. First year we had a CO2 detector near the exhaust & it never went off. Have since elbowed the exhaust back towards the middle of the shop. No need wasting that heat.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)