AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4020 motor question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 3/6/2009 00:12 (#633396 - in reply to #633164)
Subject: SOHK.

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
School Of Hard Knock - 3/6/2009 20:31

Watch for fite from hot carbon when you start working her hard. Ive seen fire happen from a tractor that was on a grain dryer (diesel) that idled for weeks on a batch dryer, When it got opened up and luged the hot carbon started coming out and ignited the grass.
Id use it hard for a while and keep an eye on the oil and such. Its the only way you will find out if it is damaged or not.My bets is it wil be ok.
Test it for fuel leaks. fill the tank and with the negine oil droped, let it sit overnight to see if the fuel isw seeping and coming out of the oil plug.That said, it still might not leak untill you fill it with oil and run it though.

Your comment about carbon fire from the exhaust made me think of something I saw today.
Was at Harvey today and saw something unusual on the west side of town on the bypass.
A semi flatbed hay trailer loaded with round bales, The rear bales were on fire.
The trailer was sitting in the middle of the right lane, dolly'd down and the tractor gone. Fire dept had that area of the highway blocked off and was fighting the fire.
Can't imagine why the trailer was parked in the middle of the highway dolly'd down and left there on fire. Maybe brakes locked from burned airlines so he could not drag it into the turn off just a few feet ahead ??
Stuff happens I guess.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)